Saturday 8 April 2023

The Rise of The Vampire

The first warhammer figure I bought; purchased from GW Warrington years and years ago, he was the start of my undead army, and nearly invincible once he avoided my brothers treeman.

Years and years later and he needed a makeover. What he got was a huge base; with his daft sized cloak and sword ranking him up with the skellies was a nightmare. A new 40mm square bases means he can be counted as a vampire AND 3 skeletons, and fit in and look impressive. I hope.
The paint scheme is daring; pink followed by red and purple replaced thr traditional black. His squashed nose (a legacy of not looking after my models) spoiled a decent job on the face. A wash failure did not help - with the main colours on I went for an all-over strong tone wash, only to put it in the same paint mix space as a copper which wasn't dry, and he turned darker and a bit glittery. It didn't do too much damage however.

I finished off with a matt varnish painted on. It could probably do with a bit more watering down but came out OK. Overall I'd say 6.5 out of 10 - not as good as I might have hoped for, but not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment