Tuesday 11 April 2023

Orcses in yellow my precious....

Exactly what it says on the tin, ronsel style.  GW has launched an Age of Sigmar start collecting magazine set, which for the most part is £8.99 and not justifiable for my income, however week two was flagged up to me on a Facebook page somewhere as being £5.99 and having 10 orcs attached.  Spotting it in tesco (other supermarkets were available but not stocking it) I bought two packs.  I was thinking that 20 orcs would bring a nice variety to painting undead, and that they would be a handy bit of colour to any dragon rampant games I played with children.  They are marketed as not needing glue (push fit), but I did use plastic glue, and I'm glad I did. Without it I think they wouldn't have stayed together.

Colour choices - green was an obvious one; a bright green followed by a green wash and a couple of highlights/dry brushes of the same bright green but brought lighter by increasing levels of white.  The shields are a red with a light dry brush of orange; left to my own devices I'd have probably ended up with bronze, but the GW ones on the magazine had a similar redish colouring and I thought id try it. Its cone out really well.  The clothes I was originally going to go with brown, after all there was plenty of green amd red/orange going on already. But then wondered what a brighter colour would look like and tried a yellow. 

It came out really well - I find it a hard to do colour so I had lightly drybrushed where it was to go with white, then put two coats of yellow. I followed this with some arms painter strong tone wash, before finishing with some yellow highlights and a tiny bit of white drybrushing on the very raised areas.  Jobs a good one, now just another 18 to do....





No comments:

Post a Comment