Monday 10 April 2023

The Black Coach With The White Horses

And the purple curtains. When I originally painted my Black Coach c.2001 it was very traditional. Black. Red curtains. Black wraith. Flames in braziers. Skeleton horses. Job done.  It was also on a ridiculously large base that made its footprint huge and made it an easy target in games.  The rebasing I covered in a previous post, and I'm pleased with the new trim base.

The 2023 Black Coach has come at a time of colour, and so the horses (proper horses, no skeletons) are white - inspired by Binky (if you know, you know), and after tinkering with purple gor the wraith i went for the same white effect. The curtains are a lovely deep purple, and the flames are blue and magical. Even the wheels are....interesting. The undercoat was my preferred brown.

Overall I'm a fan, although if I did it again I'd base coat the horses grey and build up.  The overall image is a physical coach and coffin, drawn by ghostly horses and coachman.

No comments:

Post a Comment