Monday 10 April 2023

Little Blue Men

A while back I bought some zulus from a bring and buy, and hidden in the back of the box was two large bases, each with three....pygmies on them.  The sculpting was....questionable.  And the paint job on them was....hmm.  If you have read Astrix & Obelix and you recall the way Africans are portrayed then you'll get the idea. Absolutely not something that I would ever be using on any table.

I debated selling them, or even just throwing them away, for a long time, amd then one day recently looked at them and thought "I wonder if they'd look acceptable in blue". 

I stripped the pain off them, rebased them individually and tried a blue and orange theme, partly inspired by the Nac Mc Feegle from Terry Pratchets books, and partly by the thought that they could be mystical pixies/spirits and tag onto my undead.  I enjoyed the painting, it was very different in colour scheme to the undead I'd been working on, and overall I think they look good.

Don't get me wrong, I can't hide the sculpting, but I think they should be ok to use.  For now they are going into my undead box and I'll see if I can wheel them out next time I've a game and get sone feedback from the opposition.



No comments:

Post a Comment