Saturday 25 February 2023

Great Chariots of Bone

This week I have been mostly working on chariots. I've two skeleton charriots which I've had for....many years, mostly unpainted and in poor condition. But spurred on by my daughter wanting to paint (in her case a dragon) I've put brush to paint and finally given them a dusting of colour. In case your wondering 10 minutes of mostly green and she left the dragon for another time.


The chariots had already been fixed and tidied up and based, and given a nifty brown undercoat (army painter for those with an interest).
The bone effect I did some YouTube research and settled on a white paint coat, followed by an army painter strong tone wash, before a drybrush/highlight of GW bleached bone, with extra bleached bone for good measure. 
I went for a burn red for the leather and wood, and a lovely bronze for the metals.

The bases were a red brown vallejo coat, followed by a dry brush of army painter monster brown, and a light iraqi sand drybrush to follow. I'm liking the effect, I'm just sad that the rest of my skeleton infantry still need rebasing so they will have to wait. Green is the flick of choice, and I'm still debating which colour to do the edge of the bases.

1 comment: