Monday 10 April 2023

Work In Progress.....April 2023

In which I look back at my painting, gaming and modeling exploits of the last month and write a small amount.

I've finished a number of models I've been working on for a while, and very varied they are too. When I played regularly I would make and paint units ready for the next week, or even a big game in 2-3 weeks time, and getting them on the table to use next time out was my motivation for painting and modelling.  Fast forward and I am playing no games whatsoever at the moment, but have picked up an interest in modelling and painting once more.  My motivation for getting figures done is now very much about how much fun I'll have actually doing the task rather than getting to use them.  This means I'm picking some seemingly very random bits to paint!  I've also discovered a need to paint in bright colours, something I avoided due to a lack of skills when I was gaming regularly.  This has had a distinct influence on how bright everything I'm painting is.

And so with no more addo let me introduce you to this month's creations:
2 Orcs
1 Black Coach
6 blue men (more on those in a later post)
1 water carrying supply train piece
A hen house
2 chickens (same base)
And a badger.
The skull markers I did last month but look nice.
Working on currently is this nice ECW piece which I've had for a number of years but never made.  Currently trying to get the base colours right before going to the wash stage.





No comments:

Post a Comment