Tuesday 3 March 2015

Work (Baby?) In Progress.......February 2015

February ends and this will be a much shorter WIP piece than last month, partly because I haven’t the time (something is stirring….), and partly because I’ve simply worked on the same project and have nothing more interesting to say!

The project of choice was my 15mm late war British armoured company; kitted out for a campaign in the hedgerows of Normandy but with the flexibility to fight Market Garden and beyond.  It was going quite well too, and then THIS turned up:

Jessica.


That was a shock.

One and a half weeks early; one Jessica Kate took a mere five and three quarter hours to arrive making a mockery once more of projected labour times.  Since the 22nd of February she has curtailed most other activities apart from feeding and changing, although 1-2 wakeup calls every night isn’t as bad as her big brother was.  Either that or I’m in denial.

Back onto the models, and with a projected baby arrival date of the 5th of March I was hastening to get as many of my British done before nappies stopped play.  I partially succeeded; the paint was dry upon 9 bases of British infantry, 6 universal carriers and 12 Shermans, as well as a single trial US Paratrooper base.  The flock on the infantry and carriers was applied one evening after Jessica arrived, and I’m gradually adding the decals to the Shermans.  I’m still unsure what decals to use on the carriers, and I may have to seek a bit of historical advice on that because the internet has failed to provide a definitive answer.  Nothing is ‘finished’ as yet because the weather is not suitable for spraying the matt varnish on.

Puchased Vs Painted remains the same, one good day with a varnish can will change that:
Purchased: 57
Refreshed: 9
Painted: 21

My ECW, under the command of the Bio-Titan, once more marching and counter marching across the table.


Post-flock picture; I'll take better ones when they are done fully.

Shermans, pre-decals.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations.....on your painting output ( and a hearty welcome to Jessica).

    ReplyDelete