Thursday 9 May 2024

Wars Of The Roses - Part 11 - Pikemen!

I like pikemen.  I've a whole English Civil War army with lots of them, and they just look spectacular and impressive.

I wanted my Wars Of The Roses pikemen unit to look equally as impressive, and the standard two ranks (12 models) that i've been making units out of didn't quite cut it, so I added a third. This resulted in a more impressive looking block of pikes.  Having painted my crossbowmen in a nice orange and blue colour I decided I'd wanted them to be part of the same contingent - mercenaries from the continent perhaps.  The paint went on, and thanks to army painter speed paint it didn't take as long as I'd feared.  Another unit done.  I had aimed to do the King at the same time, but got part the way in and chickened out because I couldn't decide what colour to paint him!  Another day perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment