Sunday 3 March 2024

Wars Of The Roses - Part 7 - The Broken Made New

My original Wars Of The Roses models are plastic and date back around 12 years. In that time they have been out, not only for a battle or two against like minded individuals, but also to satisfy my sons wargaming interest. Unsurprisingly the latter caused casualties in the billmens billhooks department.  A couple of the mounted men at arms also took a hit but I have yet to find the heart to look at those.

I had replaced the broken arms amd weapons with new ones, giving an unpainted grey look to otherwise painted figures. I took the opportunity of being in WOTR painting mode to finish these off, with a brown primer followed by varying colours, trying to for in with the original painting style I had used. My current painting style and techniques are for brighter, clearer colours.  Billmen fixed, and added to the growing pile of WOTR infantry, now if only I wasn't scared of painting horses.....

No comments:

Post a Comment